Monday, October 5, 2026

Glamor and Luxury ch 17

 Glamor and Luxury part 1 ch 17”


At Victoria and Mathew's house - Victoria was looking outside her window at the rose garden she had planned when Callie came by. "Mother, you should be resting," Callie said. "I'm looking at my beautiful rose garden, it makes me happy. I remember planning it when I was little. That's why Daddy gave me this house—because he knew how much I loved the garden," Victoria said. “I do remember a little about Grandfather." “Yes, Daddy loved you, but he was hard to love, that's for sure. He had a hard time dealing with the fact that he never had any sons—no real heir except us," Victoria replied. "Yes. Why don't we have some tea?" Callie asked. They went into the tea room and sat down. "Callie, am I a good mother?" Victoria asked as she was getting sleepy. "Yes, you are the best," Callie replied. "I wish I could give you siblings. I know my relationship with my sisters can be complicated, but I love them." "I know you do. This family is complicated." "Yes, we are, but in our own way, we love each other," Victoria said as she touched Callie's hair. The maid came in with Vivienne, who was carrying flowers. "Aunt Victoria, I'm sorry about your cancer. I know these flowers are not as beautiful as yours, but I wanted to bring something." "Thanks," Victoria said. Just then, Matthew came in. "Victoria, why don't you rest now?" "Yes, I'm getting tired. Vivienne, thanks for checking on me," Victoria said as she got up, and Matthew took her upstairs. "Callie, how are you doing?" Vivienne asked. “I'm scared." “I'm here for you, too. Always." “I'm glad we are close." "Me too.”

No comments:

Post a Comment