Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Glamor and Luxury ch 7

 Glamor and Luxury part 1 ch 7”


At Valley Hospital, Vera was waiting for Victoria to arrive. She knew the secret Victoria was carrying—the only one she confided in. Vera didn't have children of her own; she wasn't blessed with any, but she adored her nieces. Victoria entered the hospital and went to her aunt. “Sorry I'm late, Cynthia and Frida are fighting.” “What else is new? You need to tell your sister and your mother what's going on,” Vera said. “What about her husband? Matthew asked as he came over.” “Matthew, why are you here?” Victoria asked. “I had a board meeting.” “Matthew said he was on the board because his mother, who passed away, had supported the hospital's funding for years until she died.” “Why don't you both go somewhere and talk privately,” Vera suggested. “It's okay, I can say it right here,” Victoria said through tears. “No! Why didn't you tell me!” Matthew exclaimed. “Because I need time to deal with it myself.” “When do you start treatment?” Matthew asked. “Today, that's why I'm here,” Victoria replied, as a lab tech approached. “Mrs. Barrington, we need to draw your blood,” the tech said. “Alright,” Victoria responded and left. Matthew was in shock about this and took it all in. “Matthew, I know you're sad and scared about this.” “Yes, I am.” “Victoria will be okay. We have to think positive,” Vera said as Victoria rejoined them. “I can't have chemotherapy until the blood test comes back,” Victoria added. “We will wait then. We should call Callie.” “Yes, I guess so. I'm sorry I kept it from you.” “You don't have to do this alone. You have me, our daughter, and your sisters,” Matthew reassured her.


No comments:

Post a Comment